Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Dress

My latest project has been to make an Easter Dress for Kimberly. I did get it done on time and she really loves it. She felt like a princess and just couldn't keep herself from dancing in Primary, she informed me when I had to come and talk to her about it. I think it turned out really cute. I hope she gets lots of good wear out of it! I made it as a surprise for her. My mom has good memories of when she was a girl hearing her mother sew late into the night and on Easter morning waking up to find a new dress on her bed. So that is what I did and hopefully we can make it a tradition.

I spent so much time getting her dress ready that Glade was ignore, poor dear and didn't get anything new for Easter, but I think he is handling it quite well! :)

7 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

Heather,
The dress is adorable!! I am glad you started a blog too, its great!! Byron says is a great way to "Suck your brain" haha!! This will be easier to keep in touch!!

Emilia said...

Heather, dresses like that almost make me wish I had a little girl. (Note: almost...but not quite.) She looked adorable! And I love your family picture!

Marisa said...

Hey, that's a good picture you got of her dress. I'm glad you've made a blog. We'll keep in touch with you after you leave {cry!}.
Marisa

Kerilee Law said...

Welcome to the blog world! I've linked you on mine, if that's okay. That dress is adorable - you are by far a better sewer than me!

trout said...

You are such a talented seamtress. I was looking at an A-line skirt pattern for Grace and wondered if I could hack it. Darling!

Jessica said...

That is so impressive! I love that little princess dress you made her. Amazing!!!I had no idea you were such a talented seamstress. I'm just proud of myself for making an effort for everyone to look somewhat decent for Easter. I'm glad you started blogging. It is definitely one of my favorite ways to stay in touch. It will be cool to hear about your new adventures.

Sharlee said...

I am so impressed Heather! It is so fun to see pictures of your kids- so cute! Sharlee :)