Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Friday, June 5, 2009

The Week


This week seems to have gone by pretty fast. It has been a little crazy and VERY hot, at least for a 7-month pregnant lady. I am soooo glad it cooled down today.

I can't believe we will have a new baby in about 7 weeks or so! The time seems to have gone by very quickly.

I have spent quite a bit of time this week thinking about and working on our move. Several phone calls to Ft. Wainwright in Alaska have been made to figure out what we should be doing. We also got one big step completed. I made a reservation for our family on the ferry. We are actually really excited about this. We will take our car and drive it onto the ferry. We got a cabin booked for our little family for the date we wanted, so that was a relief. Then we will ride for 2 1/2 days through beautiful scenery and arrive in the Skagway, AK area (goldrush). Our plan is to see the sites in that area for a few days before making the 650 mile drive to Fairbanks. Maybe we'll see some other things on the way. If any of you have suggestions, let me know.

Here is the website for the ferry. The videos are fun to watch and make me really excited about this move. Hope our things don't take too long with the movers!

Now if only the last few things will fall into place (including amended orders making this an accompanied tour of duty so Ryan isn't traveling alone), we will be all set. Can't wait!

7 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

Dang, that sounds like SO SO SO much fun, (not the 650 mile drive with 3 kids) but the Ferry ride, wow, thats going to BEAUTIFUL!!! How fun!!! Are there fun things to do on the ferry? Or how will you keep the kids entertained? Wish I was going....

Maleen said...

Good luck. It sounds like you are really busy what with the move, pregnancy, and ferry ride (yay). Try not to stress and enjoy what you can...it does sound like a beautiful trip.

Mindy said...

You guys are always so good about making the most of things. I wish I could be with you for this trip - sounds like fun! I hope your settling in in Fairbanks works out!

Mindy said...

P.S. I can't believe you're getting so close to having this baby!! Have you guys decided on names yet?

Jason and Amanda said...

Looks like so much fun! I would love a trip to Alaska and on a ferry?! And I can't believe you are about to have a baby either?! So exciting!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

oh that sounds like such a fun trip, I'm very envious have lots of fun!

Kim said...

What a fun adventure. Now maybe we will have an excuse to take a trip to alaska