Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home at Last



Well, it doesn't quite feel like home yet, but we're getting there. The movers brought our things about a week ago, but with kids and all else happening, I haven't gotten everything unpacked yet. We are slowly but surely getting there.

We really like the house, as you can see it is a cabin-style house. It has four bedrooms and three stories. It is on 5 acres and includes part of an airstrip. We were lucky enough to have an airplane there over Labor Day weekend which Ryan and Glade got to see take off. The barn is a garage with a huge loft above it for storage. The garage is nice and big for working on cars and other things. Also, since it gets to cold around here, the garage is heated in the winter. Although it is out in the country, it is only 8 miles from Ryan's work, so it is close to go to work. Also the town is named North Pole, which is kinda fun. They have lots of fun street names here. I'll have to post some when I get a chance.

On a different note, I saw the Northern Lights one night this last week, but since then it has been too cloudy. It was really neat to see. I've heard September and March are the best months to see them, so hopefully we'll get to see them again before the end of the month. Kim asked us to get her up and so I took her outside to show them to her. The next day she said she didn't remember though, so that's too bad.

The leaves are all yellow here, but autumn seems to be a really short season. The air has a bite to it today and I've heard they usually have snow before the end of the month, so the race is on to get warm clothes for everyone. Lucky for Ryan, he was given everything he needs by the Army.

4 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

I wish I did more traveling when I lived in Alaska. We always went further South instead of North so I've never been to the Fairbanks area. I do remember being so bundled on Halloween (we ALWAYS had snow on Halloween) that there was really no point of having a costume because nobody could see it. :)

Megan Erickson said...

You did end up in North Pole! The friends we have living there are Derek and Emily Averett. Not sure if there is more than one ward or not. Wow 5 acres do you have to take care of all that? The house looks like fun though!

Marisa said...

Are you kidding? Wow! What a place to live! I'm so happy and excited for you!
I hope you have a great time in North Pole. You're so lucky! I've got to come visit! How long will you be there?

Ben and Teri said...

We are so excited for your family. What a wonderful adventure. We cannot wait to see more pictures and hear more about your new hometown.