Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Monday, November 30, 2009

This Thanksgiving

I am thankful for my sweetheart. Ryan managed to have his birthday on Thanksgiving this year. He opened presents right after breakfast so he could have the whole day to enjoy them.



We even got to see the sun on that morning.


We skied (cross-country), played with his new soccer ball (from Kim) outside in the snow and ate about 3:30 or so after it was dark. We didn't want to use our daylight hours for that. My turkey turned out really well and even though it was just us, we enjoyed each other and made some good memories. Kim made us some turkey placemats that were colorful and fun.


Then we had cake. No pies for me this year. Did I mention that cake is way easier to make than pie?



All in all, a fun day. It was great to have some family time. Now on to Christmas preparations.

8 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Cake is ALWAYS better than pie in my mind. :)

aleahj said...

I don't know, I canned some apple pie filling with apples from our tree this year, so for Thanksgiving, I just bought a crust from the store, dumped in the filling, and viola! Homemade apple pie that really WAS as easy as pie :)

And, frankly, you've seen the way I do cakes. Now that's a lot of work!

ryan.abbott.dds said...

Leah, I was reading your blog the other day, admiring your cakes, and wondering if you still ever do them?

The secret of that last cake picture is that Heather's hand is in it! The orange streak rising from one of the candles is the match. Cool, huh?

Mindy said...

Ryan, just wanted you to know that we were thinking of you on Thursday! Hope it was a good one! Glad you had some sunlight for your birthday, too! =) (That's gotta be weird to not have many sunlight hours, if any)

Jessie and Byron said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and bday! Thats a good family pic with your little baby all grown sitting in a high chair!! I cant wait to meet her!

Kim said...

So how is the daylight or darkness? It really is beautiful there. I love seeing your pictures and it looks like you are making the most of it. Lots of fun activities and Kim seems to be loving school. Liberty is adorable. Happy Holidays!

Crista said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all these wonderful pictures and keep us up-to-date on your activities. Alaska looks like a place Ryan would love, and Heather, you're amazingly adaptable! Thanks for giving Ryan a special birthday, since I couldn't bake him a pumpkin pie (well, I did, but he didn't show up to eat it.)

Jennifer Kendall said...

Happy Birthday!! The cake looks way more yummy than pie!