Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Snow to Sun

How long does it take to get from snowy Alaska


to sunny Arizona?

About 12 hours. It was a L O N G day of traveling, but we made it and were happy to get to Mesa. My sister was nice enough to let us stay the night at her apartment so we wouldn't have to drive the extra 4 hours home. I even got to sleep in the next morning. It was SO nice to have help with the kids. My mom kept the kids so I could go to the temple too, which was a bonus since I hadn't been since before Liberty was born. A new temple is being built in the Gila Valley,

but the Mesa Temple will always be special to me because almost all of my siblings were married there, along with Ryan and I.



We started our trip off with tractor rides and cousin time. Grandpa was really great about letting Glade ride the tractor with him when he was running. Glade loved this and talked about it on and on.



My sister Tara came and spent a long weekend with us our first weekend there along with her little cutie Karleigh.

Liberty found joy in the jumper. (Although she has since decided she hates it. My other two loved it. Oh well, what do you do?)

Armand and Cheryl are always really good about coming to visit when we are there. They came up for Sunday afternoon and the girls enjoyed being together. Emilee, Maren, and Camryn are great fun!


The kids discovered some old-school skates that I used to love. They are pretty safe, fortunately, and I don't think anyone got hurt while using them.


Here's a six-month old picture of Liberty. She is really fun and loves to smile.




I think that's it for this post. To be continued. Hopefully tomorrow.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Thanks for the pictures. I bet it was wonderful to defrost in Arizona. I love spending time with family, and hope you were fed well physically and emotionally by being with them.
How is Ryan doing?
Love, Marisa

Brooke said...

Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast. What a fun get away, how much longer until Ryan gets back?

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Look how cute Liberty looks with that big smile. Such cute kids. It looks like you had lots of fun in Arizona. I am sure you are glad to be back home and into the swing of things again. Hope things are going well.