Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Sunday, October 3, 2010

When the Abbotts Came to Town

In my last post, I mentioned that Ryan's parents flew in on Liberty's birthday. We had them all to ourselves for a week and we loved having them. We stayed very busy and did lots of fun things. Here's a selection!


Grammy enjoying a beautiful day and getting to know Liberty.


A rare picture of Ryan and I together.


A salmon grilled dinner enjoyed on the porch.


One day we took a riverboat ride on the Discovery. It was a lot of fun.

The riverboat included a stop at a native Athabaskan village. There were some sled dogs there and Susan Butcher's husband was there signing books about Granite, her famous lead dog. Here's the kids next to a statue of him.

A very impressive fur coat with a full ruff. Very gorgeous. It also looked very hot!


Ryan and his dad went fishing for Arctic Grayling, and caught quite a few.



We took a train ride (Glade's favorite) and visited a gold mine.


We all enjoyed panning for a little gold.


We HAD to have a fire and make s'mores. Even Liberty got a real s'more instead of just marshmallows this time. I think she kinda liked it, what do you think?

Everyone enjoyed the treat.


Thanks for coming Grammy and Grandad! We really enjoyed it and hope you come again soon!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

that looks like lots of fun. I hope the fish were yummy too. I bet nothing's like fresh caught fish cooked on an open fire. I'll have to come visit sometime to try it.

Maleen said...

Liberty is getting so big. So cute too.

I can't believe you have ice up there already. It has been gorgeous down here. The best Fall for years, I think.

It makes up for the snow in May that ruined my pumpkins.

Crista said...

Thanks for posting all those great pictures! We had such a wonderful trip, and hope to come back up there again before too long. What a beautiful place! And thanks so much for making it so much fun for us. We love you all.

Mindy said...

So fun!!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

It looks like you had lots of fun with family. It is always so nice when they get to come and visit.

Ben and Teri said...

I love seeing all the fun things you do with your kids. You are such good parents. We sure miss you guys.

Melanie Hahn said...

What fun to have family with you! I love the happy pic of you and hubby together!