Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Friday, October 22, 2010

Wintertime, the First Stage

October brings snow. It's interesting to see the contrast between the pictures from September and October. The first part of winter is actually quite nice. The temps aren't too bad, especially once the sun comes up. The days are definitely getting shorter though. Glade has been noticing that it's still dark when Kim goes to school and it bothers him. Sorry Buddy, but it's only going to get worse over the next few months. The only pictures we have so far besides ones of the kids making funny faces are of Ryan's two big hikes.

The first hike Ryan went on was with a new friend he made at work. The hiked up by Mt. Prindle in the White Mountains. They didn't get as far as they would have liked, but still had a good time. Too bad the weather wasn't better though.

Look at that rugged Alaskan man. (Insert Tim Allen grunt here.)


There's just something about snow by water that I love. I love this picture of Ryan!

Can you see the moose in this picture? Me neither. Nice layering though!


Ryan's second trip: same place, a week later, nice, sunny weather, solo this time. We got a GPS finally and Ryan plotted himself a 15-mile hike to do.

The Jeep is still going strong.


You get ice again, just because I like it!

Look cold? It was. Ryan said up on top in the wind it felt about 20 below. His videos aren't much use since you can mostly just hear the wind blowing past the mic. His camera quite working it was so cold. Beautiful though!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I love it. How beautiful. You are both really tough to live there. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Crista said...

Thanks for the gorgeous photos! BTW, we're supposed to get snow next week here too.

Kori said...

Heather, I can't believe you have three kids and I really can't believe you live in Alaska! What a contrast to the Arizona heat. Nice to find you again.

Mindy said...

Looks like you guys are staying busy as usual! I guess you can't help it much when you have three kids to help you out. =)

Hope you're enjoying your Alaska life! I love the new pic up top, by the way! Sure love you guys!!

Jennifer Kendall said...

Wow!!! Looks so beautiful there, cold but pretty!! Hope all is well.

Maleen said...

Hey, I don't think we have you on our address list. I wanted to send you a Christmas Card (do you like how prompt I am?) Send me your address at caziertm@comcast.net

Hope you guys have an excellent holiday.