Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Friday, July 4, 2008

Da Beach

Last post, I promise. I just haven't been on for about a month and a lot has happened. Thanks, Honey for getting the pictures onto the laptop so I can do this.

Last weekend we drove up to Olympic State Park and played on the beach a little bit. It was really neat. The sand was black (volcanic, I'm guessing) The air was cooler than inland (thank goodness!). The water was very cold. The sand was steaming (technically, the water was evaporating, I guess) and the wind was blowing it. It was very cool! We didn't get any pictures, which is a shame, but oh well.

Then we drove down the cost a little bit and found a good place for a bike ride. We rode about 12 miles and then played on the beach a little more. By this time it was getting cool outside. It was really fun though. We found a Lot of sand dollars. I collected some to keep. I thought they would be fun to decorate a bathroom.

Here's Ryan and Glade. What a beautiful day!



Kim with a whole (almost) crab. It wasn't alive, but it was the best one we found. There were a lot of top shells hanging around though. By the way, Kim is wearing Ryan's swim shorts with a rope around the middle. She got her shorts wet earlier in the day and didn't want to put them back on.



At this point the tide started coming in and the kids were cold, tired, and hungry so we headed for home (or hotel sweet hotel). We stopped and ate seafood on the way home, which was great, although I am not a huge seafood lover.

Jeremy told Ryan he liked it here when he was assigned here for a medical rotation and we are starting to agree whole-heartedly. This is a beautiful area. We also went up to Mt. Rainier a week or so ago, but didn't have the camera.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Hey, those are great pictures. You sure are having a fun time there in beautiful Washington. Thanks for all the updates to your blog. We miss you! We want to see pictures of your house.
Love, Marisa

Misty said...

I love reading your blog and staying up to date with you guys! Congrats on Ryan's graduation. I'm jealous of your trip to the beach - I love the beach!

Jessie and Byron said...

YEAH YOU ARE BACK ONLINE!! I missed checking your blog, but sounds like you guys are doing so awsome!! Happy birthday cute little Glade!! Cna't wait to see you guys this month, do you know what day you will be here?

Anne Woods said...

looks like you guys are making some great memories. It was great to find your blog. Savanna is definitely missing Kim in sunbeams!! Glad all is well with the move!

Amy Nelson said...

I was blog hopping around and I can't believe I found you! (The Legg's were in my ward in Provo, I found them through another ward member's blog etc.) Remember me from Backman? How long are you in WA? I live in the Olympia area. Crazy!