Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Warmth

We have really been enjoying our woodstove. There was quite a bit of wood when we got here, fortunately for us, but we still needed more to get us through the -40* weather that everyone tries to scare us with. Sooo, how about this? This is what 3 cords of birch looks like after coming out of a dump truck. The kids thought it was really cool to see the dumping action. Notice the pretty lighting on the trees next to the airstrip. That's from the pretty sunsets we get around here.


Kim thought it made a great throne.


Here's me and Libby with the sunset behind. I was able to pick some low-bush cranberries in the area behind me. I have them in the freezer and will enjoy making muffins and bread with them.


Speaking of woodstoves, you should check out woodheat.org That's where this cool firewood sculpture came from.

3 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

It's so beautiful there! And little Libby is precious! I can't believe it will be -40 there! Today was in the 60's and we were donning jackets! Too funny!

Jordan said...

I hated coming home from school to see 2-3 cords of wood to be split and stacked, especially since most of my older brothers weren't there to help since they were already grown and out of the house. It was a wonderful day when my parents finally got a pellet stove.
Good luck with the cold winters and enjoy the amazing northern lights. You should be able to see them already.

Mindy said...

It looks beautiful!! I love that you are calling her Libby, too. =) Did the kids start that? =)