Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Big Day

I was a little apprehensive about being without Ryan on my birthday. I decided to invite some friends over for dinner to help make it more fun. I was really glad I did, since the evening was great.

Glade, Kim, and I made this cake for my birthday. It turned out pretty well, although I wasn't crazy about the frosting. I think my favorite has been Pumpkin Praline Torte



Kimberly likes to wrap presents and she found some things to wrap for me, including this teddy bear that my mom made for me when I was a baby. What a sweetie! She is also proving that she can take decent pictures.



My mom made me the cutest bag! I didn't get a picture of it though.

Here are the kids enjoying their favorite part of the birthday. Those singing cards are really fun!

7 comments:

The Lunt Family said...

Happy birthday a little late! I am glad to see you had a good one. Where is Ryan posted? I have looked & read & I can't find where you stated it. Sorry, I am so clueless sometimes! You are a great mom!

Heather A said...

He is in Herat, Afghanistan. I don't know about the good mom part though. I feel like I have a hard time controlling my temper 100% of the time.

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Glad to see you had a most Happy Birthday. It is always fun to celebrate it with friends when family is not around. I hope it was fun. I love the video of the kids dancing. So super cute. Hope all is well.

Maleen said...

Happy Birthday. I had no idea that Ryan was leaving for six months and that you would have to celebrate on your own. It looks like you had fun though and that cake looks fantastic.
I hope the time goes quickly.

Mindy said...

Heather, so glad you had a happy birthday!! Sure do love you!

The video of Kim and Glade dancing was great. I love Kim's haircut! So cute! Glade's quite a dancer, isn't he? =)

Love you guys!

Crista said...

That video is so adorable! I loved seeing the kids dance. Glade cracks me up. I know what you mean about it being hard to control your temper; I had the same problem when I was raising my kids. I used to tell them I was just trying to toughen them up (yeh, right). Anyway, I know you're a great Mom. Hang in there.

LUNTS said...

Happy LATE birthday. Cute kids i love Glade dancing to cute i had to replay it over and over again. Can't wait to see all you.