Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Am My Father's Daughter



You may (or may not) know that I grew up on a dairy farm. My dad is a farmer and John Deere is is favorite kind of tractor. You know what they say: "Nothing Runs Like a Deer!" Well, it's true! To prove that I really am my father's daughter, I had to get a John Deere of my very own! (I promise to share it with Ryan when he gets home though!)

Glade is enjoying just sitting on the new lawn tractor that we got for mowing. He really liked driving tractor with Grandpa when we were in Arizona not too long ago and enjoys this variety too. Maybe even more, since it's more his size.


I just really liked this picture. The texture of the different layers of clouds is great! I took this on Friday night after I finished mowing. It was about 11:00 p.m. The sun was on it's downward slope and it just lit the clouds up! By the way, Monday is the Summer Solstice. The longest day of the year. I've gotten used to the continuous daylight, so it will be interesting to see if I notice the days getting shorter anytime soon.


Kimberly loves to ride on the lawn tractor also. Although some things (like time away from her brother that loves to do EVERYTHING with her) prove to be more important at times. At the store, she asked if we could buy a tractor and send it to Grandpa for his birthday. Hmmm, maybe NOT! :) At least she loves him!


If you buy (or rent, like us) a house with a lawn like this, watch out!


We call it Mt. Mulch. The fruits of 2 days and 6 hours of mowing. Phew! Next time remind me not to let the grass get so long! The "mountain" is about 4 feet tall and 8 feet long. I'm hoping next time will be at least a little bit faster.


Time to ride off into the sunset!

4 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

AWESOME! When I was growing up we had a lawn tractor like that bc my parents yard is huge as well, it would always take us an entire day, and I loved to do it, I would sit there in my tank tops, short shorts and my walk-man and just cruise. (man I was weird,but I thought I was so cool) haha.... But I always enjoyed doing it! I admire you heather for being so independant, seriously, you just do what you need to do even though it may not be the funnest or easiest with out Ryan.. I ADMIRE THAT IN YOU!! Way to go! your time is almost up, he will be home shortly!! I really wish we go like magically come upon some tickets to Alaska, I would LOVE to go... guess we better start saving, and before you guys leave we HAVE to go!! Love you!

Beth said...

I love that you bought a John Deere tractor. If you have to mow that lawn then you deserve one. Also, I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. They are just adorable!

ryan.abbott.dds said...

Isn't Heather amazing?

Marisa said...

We just got a corded electric mower. Remember our reel mower we used to push around? Well, it's too much of a pain now. We're really happy for power mowing. You must really have a great time mowing with all that power to play with. What do you do with the kids while you're out there for three hours?
I hope you get to use your lawn tractor in your next place. Can you switch it to self-mulching? Or do you have to use the bag and pick up the cut grass?
I wonder what continuous daylight is like? Do your kids ever feel like sleeping at bedtime?