Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Days

The long summer days are about to start getting shorter. Not so much that you would notice, though. Today was the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. Kimberly asked me a month or so ago if we could have a party and stay up late. I agreed. So, on the way home from swimming lessons this morning, I talked to the kids about what they might want to do for a summer solstice party. They came up with quite a list!

I asked them to help out around the house, which they did quite willingly and happily (with a few reminders and grumbles) :). We did accomplish most of the things i wanted to get done today, included insisted upon naps or rest times. We had a late dinner and then the party started.

One of the things Kimberly wanted to do was have a puppet show, she got this ready by herself and sang a little song to go along with it. She is so imaginative.


I spent some time getting the garage swept out while the kids chased each other with squirt guns, played T-ball, and a little tennis. Then it was horseshoe time, or maybe time to try on new hats.


No, definitely horseshoe time. I guess it depends on who you ask. Kimberly is getting better at controlling her aim and distance, along with horseshoe technique, it's a fine art, I tell you.


After that we did a little more T-ball and some volleyball. Then we just HAD to take a ride on the mower. I had Liberty in the backpack, and she didn't really love it, but the other two did. It's still new and exciting.


The kids have been asking to play in the pile of clippings. Kimberly said it smelled kind of funny. (It rained yesterday.) She still jumped in though.


After that it was pool time. At this point it was 9:00, at which time they should have been in bed, snoring.


The came in when they were good and wet (not to mention cold) and got dried off and into jammies. Liberty is finally totally happy, although not for long. She was about ready for bed. She had cereal and then a brownie to top her off.


Another thing that Kim wanted to do was paint nails. We put Bob the Builder on for Glade while Kim and I got all glammed up. It was fun to do with her. She even wanted to have matching colors. Then we started another movie that all three of us enjoyed. I finally decided it was time for bed about 11:40. They were spoiled rotten tonight. I hope they remember the night. I think I was tired before they were! They got snuggled up in their beds and are hopefully in dreamland by now. That's where I want to be too. I guess I better head up there now.

I hope I don't regret this tomorrow. Naps all around tomorrow, I think!

3 comments:

Beth said...

What a great night and what a fun mom you are!!

ryan.abbott.dds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ryan.abbott.dds said...

That is so cool, Hon!

Thanks for the cute pictures.