Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Monday, October 27, 2008

Back to Normal . . . Sort of

Well, we survived the separation. Ryan is home safe and sound and Grammy left for Idaho this morning. It has been a super-busy week. I'll have to post about that later with the pictures from Grammy's camera (ours still being broken).

The Primary Program was yesterday and I have to admit I am happy to have it over. I made my share of mistakes on the piano, but everyone said they couldn't tell. Most of the way through Primary, an Elder came to get me and said, "They're setting apart your husband right now. Can you come?" My first thought was, "Setting him apart as what?" Turns out he met with the stake right after Sacrament Meeting and got put in the Elders Quorum Presidency during Priesthood Meeting. I think this will be a good calling for him. At least it will be different than the last four years spent in the ward mission in Ohio. I'm sure it will mean quite a bit of responsibility. We'll see how it goes. . .

Also, hopefully we'll choose a new camera soon. In the meantime, we have resurrected the 35 mm camera and film. So Yesterday! :)

5 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

I'm sure your piano playing was great--you have always been a natural at it! And glad you life is back to "normal"--whatever normal is!

Kim said...

How is the piano teaching? A lady in our ward makes pumpkin pie filling and freezes. You may already do that, but if you don't and you want her recipe to try, I can send it to you. You could also can it, since it sounds like you have a canner. She says that you have to actually can pumpkin, you can't just do a water bath for it. I'm going to try freezing some. Let me know.

Sharlee said...

Our camera is having the same issues- do I need to get a disposable? I don't even know how to work a normal camera... Good job on the Primary program- I teach the five year olds- 7 little boys and I was SO glad when it was over! They did well though...:)

Sharlee said...

ps- can you ask Mindy to let me on her site? Thanks!

Dana said...

Hi Heather!!

I hope you remember me from Nauvoo....Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. I have enjoyed seeing your beautiful family and seeing what you are up to!!

Dana