Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Notice, still pictureless.

We have had a good, but busy week. We had a little party at the church for the playgroup on Thursday and Amy did a great job of planning it. She had a storyteller, facepainting, games. I am so impressed.

Tonight we ate mummy dogs and trick-or-treated for about 20 minutes before heading to the church for the trunk or treat. We decided we had to close our house before we ran out of candy for the trunk or treat. You know, when you get to be like 16 or 17, you really ought to stop trick-or-treating. We had several grown-ups and even a lady with no kids who was middle-aged. I don't begrudge the candy, I just thought some of them were a little too old.

Kim and Glade seemed to have a good time as Crater Lake (her own idea after I refused to do a princess) and a fireman. Glade even carried his own bucket almost the whole time.

Since we are currently living in the 20th century, you'll have to wait until we get our film developed for pictures, but by then it will be old news and no one will care anymore. Oh well.

5 comments:

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had fun! I agree, middle aged is way too old to be begging for candy still!

Maleen said...

Yep, and I can't stand the kids who don't even dress up. I had two boys at my door last night. I asked them what they were and one said "Skater" and to his credit, he did look like a skater, but I think he wears that everyday. The other still had some leftover red paint in his hair, so he claimed he was "red-hair guy". Come on boys, that is stretching just a bit.

Sharlee said...

What does a Crater Lake costume look like? Weston kept telling people he was going to be black cat and a pumpkin so that's what he was- a black cat pumpkin! Silly kids!

Mindy said...

I will still love to see pics!!! That's why blogs are so great when you have family miles away (and no kids to dress up for the holiday - until next year). =)

Jason and Amanda said...

Can't wait to see the "Crater Lake" costume! My imagination is going wild with that one!