Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Full Tank

Tonight Ryan and I took a rare opportunity to attend the adult session of Stake Conference together WITHOUT children. I think the last time I remember us going together without kids was before Kim was born. It was a really nice meeting. We had some visiting authorities since we are getting a new Stake Presidency tomorrow.

I often have a hard time feeling like I get anything out of church since I spend so much time trying to keep kids happy and quiet. And since we moved into this new ward I have been subbing as the Primary pianist every week. Hmmm, wonder what my new calling might be??? :) We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Elder Mervyn B. Arnold of the Seventy was the presiding authority. He started out by talking about the interviews he had held with men that day (trying to fill the Stake Presidency). He said they asked each man to say something about their spouse and he read some of the comments, while saying that each man should tell their spouse these things and not just their priesthood leaders. Here are some of them: "She's Brilliant! Wonderful! I don't have any other words to describe her." "She's the backbone of our home." "Passionate about the gospel." And many others. I came away from this with the feeling of wanting to be like these women. I can do more and should.

It wasa good meeting and I thorougly enjoyed the time with my sweetheart.

2 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

Heather--
I had so much fun reading your blog tonight...you have been busy! I'm jealous that you live by the beach, have access to such yummy looking berries, and got a lot out of a church meeting! (I can really relate to having a hard time really "hearing" anything at chuch with little ones by your side/or on your lap!) Anyways--glad all is well! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to start something for our class...as soon as I can figure out what will work best--I'll keep ya posted...let me know of any ideas you have!
Amanda
ps-
your house is so cute!

Amy Nelson said...

I think we're in the same stake! I am in the Lacey 2nd ward.