Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Farewell Smurf

Well, we finally did it, we sold our little Geo "Smurf." It was kind of sad to do. I bought the care in 1998 when I was living in AZ and it has traveled with me to BYU, through marriage, across the country to Ohio, and back across to Washington. The real kicker was that we are moving to Fairbanks in a few months and I didn't want Ryan driving it in the winter up there. We opted for a 4-wheel drive vehicle instead. So, since we don't need 3 cars, the smurf had to go. Funny thing, the guy that bought it from us is the uncle of some friends from Ohio, in our ward, and also in dental school, just a year behind. Small world, I guess.

The Smurf in its pre-children glory in Provo.

2 comments:

Angie Startin said...

Uncle Randy bought your Geo??!!! How on earth did THAT happen? He is from Ellensburg. I am so curious to hear this story! So weird! What a small world! He has owned like 5 blue Geo Metros before this one. Brett says he really can't remember a time when Randy wasn't driving a Metro. Anyways, fill me in...I want to hear the story!

Katie said...

I felt the same way about our family's old, rusty suburban that we ended up selling to a Mexican taxi company! It's always sad, but time, to let go.