Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Monday, April 27, 2009

Tulips Everywhere!

There is a place in Washington called the Skagit Valley that is a little bit special. We drove through it when we went to buy our Jeep in Anacortes. This is the area that grows the most tulips in the world next to Holland. They have a tulip festival every April and after checking and waiting, they finally were blooming this last week, so we decided to go. There are a couple of different places you can go and they have fields of tulips all over the valley. We didn't drive around and see the scattered fields, we just went to one of the companies called Tulip Town and saw their display garden. It was rows and rows of different kinds of tulips. There were a LOT of different kinds and colors and the sure were pretty! It would be hard for me to pick a favorite. Kim, of course, liked the pink ones the best, and the purple ones after that. Glade, unfortunately, wasn't feeling great and had kind of a nasty cough, but still enjoyed it. Enjoy the selection of pictures. We took a lot more, but couldn't possibly put all of them up.

The entrance. Notice the kites in the air. More to come on that later.


Dad and Glade in front of some cheerful yellow tulips.


Mom and the kids in the middle of a bunch of pink ones.


They were flying these HUGE kites when we got there. The wind eventually died and the had to bring them down, but these two got tangled up and they came down. Kim went over to investigate. You can see how huge they really were. The picture only shows one of the big kites.


Mom and one of the few good pictures of Glade.


I love this one of Kim. I think I might try to crop and frame it for her pictures for the year. I like the way she matches the tulips.


Kim REALLY wanted to ride the "trolley" which was a big wagon towed behind a tractor. She and I did it while Glade and Dad took naps in the car.


The trolley did give great views of the rainbow field of tulips.


I really like this one of Kim too. She really liked all of the flowers.


Dad and the kids. Kim kind of blends in on this one.


It was kind of a long drive, but I thought it was worth it! The flowers were impressive and worth the trip and the sun came out in the afternoon, so that was nice too.

6 comments:

Sharlee said...

Amazing! I love tulips and always wanted to go to Holland to see the fields of tulips. Now I know I only have to go to Tulip city!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Love those tulips. So beautiful. I missed the ones in Utah. Maybe next year. Your little kiddos are so cute in the tulips. How fun!

Our little corner said...

Hey! It was good to hear from you! Wow... look at those flowers! You won't see pics like that here in AZ :( Your kids are adorable and growing up! Do you know what you are having? I'm due on Aug 17th... I think you are just a few weeks before me! Wow, congrats!!

Mindy said...

Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves! Good for you! Tulips are my favorite flowers in the world! Those fields are amazing! I never realized they have so many colors. Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

How gorgeous!

Crista said...

Last year Carol Loucks and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point here in Utah, but we missed it this year. Your photos are incredibly beautiful, and I especially love the ones of you all in the middle of them. I'd like to have the full resolution images sometime, so I can download them, print them out, etc.