Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Grandpa


My last living grandparent passed away last weekend. It was a good time for me to reflect and remember all of the good things about growing up close to grandparents. I was very lucky to have all of my grandparents close by, and when I say that, I mean withing 10 minutes. It made for great memories and close family ties. Some of our favorite times were when we could go and spend the night at Grandpa and Grandma's house and we even caught the bus from there sometimes to get to school.

With that, I am sure Grandpa was happy to get back to his sweetheart, who died more than 7 years ago, a month or so before Ryan and I were married. He died the day after their anniversary, which I thought was interesting. I am sorry to see him go, but will always remember the good times I spent with him and how much he loved me.

Four Generations: My mom, me, Grandpa, and Kim

3 comments:

Misty said...

So bittersweet - I know he wanted to be with grandma again. But we will all miss him so much!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Heather, I am so sorry your to hear about your Grandpa. He was such a kind, gentle hearted man. I was sad to hear the news when my mom told me. What sweet memories you have with him. I hope you are well and things are good in your behalf. Thank goodness for the Plan of Salvation. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I lost your address could you please e.mail it to me again.

Mindy said...

I feel the same way about being close to our grandparents growing up. We will definitely miss him!