Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Monday, April 27, 2009

Seattle Temple

The temple in our area is a little far away (about 1 1/2 hours), so we hadn't taken the kids to see it even though we like to. We are glad it is so close, since after we move the drive will be about 6 hours, but we just don't get up that way very often unless we are specifically going to the temple. We decided to take a little detour on our way home from the tulip festival and walk around the grounds with them. Ryan and I went last weekend and the grounds were beautiful.


They have some replicas of the statues from the Women's Garden in Nauvoo, which the kids LOVED. They also had beautiful flowers and even a nice little garden area with paths winding through it.





It was a nice visit and I think the kids really enjoyed it to. Good way to round out the day!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

That really makes me miss the Seattle Temple. That was the one I went to when I was young, and the one I got married in. It has a special place in my heart.

And I love all your Tulip pictures. They are beautiful. I only went to the Tulip festival once while I lived there and I always wanted to go back.

Ben and Teri said...

It is so fun to see what your family is up too. I love checking out the updates on your blog. You are such an amazing family and always do such wonderful things. We sure miss you guys.

Jason and Amanda said...

The Seatle temple is beautiful! Reminds me of Provo. Before I am old and gray, one of my goals is to visit every temple. They are all so amazing. Maybe we'll see you when ours opens???