Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Monday, May 26, 2008

Funny Car

So I thought this was hilarious and hopefully you will enjoy it too. This last week I was driving home from the Swenson's with the kids (thanks for a fun playdate). I was in our little Smurf (blue Geo Metro) since Ryan was prepping the van for our long trip. I pulled off of 315 South onto Bethel Road and as I turned the corner off of the ramp, I saw some movement out of the corner of my eye. So I looked and there was my driver's side front hubcap rolling across the road. I had a moment of indecision as I slowed down trying to decide whether to pull over and grab it or not. I thought, "This is a pretty busy and dangerous place to run across the road." But then, my dilemma was solved as the hubcap was flattened by a car in the lane next to mine. Kachunk! I could see that it was beyond salvaging, so I sped up again and drove off. After the hubcaps weren't that expensive and they have lasted for over 4 years. That evening coming home from the Pinewood Derby with Ryan the hubcap had disappeared, so apparently someone took care of it. I was a little nervous to cross right there by the freeway exit.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Maybe they can trace the flattened hupcap to you and you'll be fined some outrageous sum. That'll teach you to speed up and never look back! :)

Crista said...

So is that the way it's going to go on our trip across the country? Pieces of the Smurf will be falling off one by one?

Heather A said...

I hope not! It is a possibility though. Did you and Dad say you wanted to drive the Smurf? :)

Misty said...

Hey Heather! I'm glad to find your blog! It's so fun to see what you guys have been up to - your kids are so cute.

ps - I would love to look at mindy's, but I need to be added to her list. I don't even have her email address. Could you let her know when you get a chance - thanks!