Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's a Date!

I was surprised to get a call from Ryan yesterday about noonish to ask me out to dinner. We don't go out without the kids that often, so it was really fun. Thanks, Sandersons, for watching the kids so we could enjoy a date.

We went to the Hunan Lion, a Chinese place close to Kroger on Bethel Rd. The food and the company were good!

Because it was Chinese food, it reminded me of when I was a teenager. Sometimes my Grandma Lunt would call and say she was going down to Safford to eat out. Safford is about 40 miles from Duncan, my hometown. We would pile into her car and sometimes an additional car and drive down to Safford to eat at the Super Wok (or another restaurant once in a while). The owners knew her and always came to greet her personally. I have good memories of trips like this with my Grandma, who died this past December. Thanks, Grandma, for wonderful times!

Thanks for a great Mother's Day present, Honey!

1 comment:

Jessie and Byron said...

Aren;t dates the best!! Its always a good little break and helps me get some energy to get back to the normal grind! And its even better when they are suprises!! Glad you had a good time!