Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rails-to-Trails

So, I guess there is this nationwide program called Rails-to-Trails that takes old railroad beds and turns them into trails for biking and hiking, or walking, I guess, since a railroad is not very exciting of a hike. We drove out to one in Hilliard on Saturday between conference sessions and rode the section they have there. I was a little worried, since I haven't ridden outside for a while. You know, pregnant, little baby, wintertime, I have had all kinds of excuses for not riding! :) I have been riding on the rollers inside a little bit, which is good, but lately I have just been itching to get outside since the weather has turned nice. So anyway, we rode the 6-mile trail and back and I actually did pretty well after the first few miles. Lucky for me, Ryan was pulling the kids in the trailer, so I had a little easier time of it. It was a good ride, although very straight and flat. It was nice to get a little bit out of the city and enjoy being outdoors.

3 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

YEAH!! Sounds like fun,I would love to go and ride in the wild, but like you know here it is already to hot and we might get killed on the roadways!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!!Love you guys!

Kerilee Law said...

Are you talking a bike-ride or rollerblades?

Heather A said...

Bikes. It was great!