Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Monday, April 28, 2008

News Flash!

I was extremely excited to hear some news from my mom this last weekend. President Monson has announced two new temples, the first that he has announced. They will both be in my home state of Arizona. One of them will be in the Gila Valley, which is the area I grew up in. Growing up, my parents often took the trip over to Mesa to attend the temple. Then all of us kids did for youth baptisms. All of my siblings have been married in the Mesa temple (except By and Jessie, the black sheep of the family). It is a beautiful, wonderful building, one of the oldest temples in the church. It will be a great blessing for my family and those in my hometown and neighboring small cities to have this temple. The drive to Mesa is about 4 hours each way, so it took a lot of sacrificing to get there often.

The Gila Valley was a great place to grow up in. I really loved it. It is a pretty small area, compared to other places I have lived, like Columbus, or Provo, but very special. My hometown is called Duncan. You can see it in the lower right corner of this map. The temple will probably be closer to Safford/Thatcher/Pima because more people live in that area, but a 45 minute drive is WAY better than the previous drive to a temple. Can't wait until it gets done!

2 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

It is way exiting!! I am so exited to hear where exactly itwill be, Byron says for sure in "Gods country" aka Duncan and I say Thatcher, Byron says there is no way it can be in Pima because its an awful place! haha!! funny funny!! Oh yeah and a small reminder that Byron and I were not married in Mesa but in MEXICO!!! ha ha!! Just teasing! Thanks for the call yesterday, I really appreciated it! Hope Ryan did well on his test and can't wait to see you guys soon!!

Katie said...

Watch out Utah, here comes Arizona!