Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Sunday, April 27, 2008

WREB Part II

Here's the second part of the WREB post, for those of you who are interested. By the way, Ryan and his friends enjoyed an Indians/Yankees game on Friday night. I've heard he has pictures, but haven't seen any yet.

The test seemed to go pretty well, but I, for one, will probably not be totally comfortable until the results come back. Cross your fingers for us!

I picked up the perio patient and a translator at 9:00 from Pataskala and we took off up to Cleveland. We arrived right on time to get lunch and have the treatment. I crocheted and read while I waited. They finished up the treatment and we took off for home. Not terribly interesting, I guess. The patient has been in the US for a year. She is from China. She is living with her nephew who has lived here for about 15 years, since his late teens. It was very interesting to talk with him about China. I don't know much about that country and it was interesting to learn some things. By the time I got home, I was ready to be done being in the car for sure! Poor patients, the van still wasn't done in the shop and so we had to take the smurf. They were good sports about it. I did feel a little bad that someone had to be left out of the conversation. Either Li, if we spoke English, or me, if they spoke Chinese. Oh well, we survived it.

Ryan and Mike took their time getting home, stopping to get a fun airplanes for the kids and eat out. Ryan said it was great to just take him time after being hurried for 3 days. Kim was really excited about the plane and put it together with Ryan this morning. They flew it off of the balcony and it seemed to work pretty well.



It has been fun to have Mindy here. Unfortunately I haven't had a whole lot of time to visit with her. I wish she could stay a whole week more so we could have sister-bonding time. Oh well (sigh), I suppose her husband misses her too.

I have neglected to take any pictures of Mindy on this trip. You'll have to forgive me. I had great intentions of getting pictures of Mindy with the kids, but it didn't happen. I am still pretty wiped out from the weekend, and it is already late from staying up talking to Mindy, so I better head to bed.

Once again, thank you, thank you to our dear Aunt Mindy for being willing to come and stay with our kids so we could get this done. It was great to know they were in good hands.

No comments: