Our Family

Our Family
Liberty, Heather, Glade, Ryan, Kim

Friday, April 25, 2008

WREB Part I

Well, I just got home from Cleveland, where Ryan is taking the WREB. What a stressful few days! It all started early Thursday morning. He and a friend left at 4:30 so they could be sure to get there by 7:30 for orientation. They also had a little written test on treatment plans (I think).

I followed around noon (in the smurf, since the van is being repaired . . . still). It was great fun to spend the afternoon and evening together. We have never left our kids overnight before. We appreciate my sister Mindy coming to help out so we could have a little getaway. Neither one of us slept too well, though. Maybe I need the kids making little noises to help me sleep! I actually think both of us were pretty nervous about the test coming the next day.

Thanks to his friend, Mike again, I didn't have to take Ryan to the school early in the morning again. Instead I had a leisurely morning doing things I never have time for, like plucking my eyebrows. I also listened to an hour of the Worldwide Leadership Training from the church this year. I really enjoyed it and look forward to hearing the rest of it.

What I thought would be a 20 minute drive turned out to take about an hour. The directions I had to the school weren't great and the traffic was pretty bad too. I did make it before Ryan was ready for me though. He took the Endo portion of the test in the morning and was ready to do an amalgam filling on me in the afternoon. We walked over to the hospital cafeteria to get some lunch and then started on the filling. Things seemed to go pretty well, so hopefully all will turn out well.

I dropped Ryan at the hotel and then took off for home and our sweet kids. They were excited to see me and now I get to relax for a few hours, sleep, and get up in the morning and do it all again! I am taking a patient and an interpreter over for a perio treatment in the afternoon. We were hoping the van would be done today, but no luck, so, sorry to the patients who will have to squeeze into our little smurf (which if you don't know, is a little blue, two-door Geo Metro). I am planning to wait for the patient while she is treated and then turn around a bring them home. Hopefully since we don't have the van Ryan will ride with Mike (again) so we won't be totally squished in the smurf.

Thanks Mike!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope everything turns out great. We sure are going to miss you guys as you head off into the world of actual employment.